Pot lights are a type of recessed lighting that is usually distributed in a linear fashion across a ceiling and contain either a wide angle floodlight or narrow focus spotlight. This form of recessed lighting is a popular choice not only for new construction but for renovation and remodeling projects as well. They add an element of versatility to any lighting scheme and the warm, diffuse glow they emit is much sought after by today’s interior designers. They also have an array of commercial uses and are commonly seen in retail establishments, malls and the like.
Lucent Cleaning Services (LCS) offers the sale and installation of pot lights for residential and commercial clients in Toronto, Maple, Richmond Hill & Woodbridge. We bring over a decade of building maintenance expertise to our lighting division and are quickly becoming the popular choice as both the source of these products and an installation service.
The Many Benefits of Pot Lights
Most contemporary homes and condominiums are constructed using recessed lights in bathrooms, kitchens, foyers and hallways. As stated above they are also an increasingly popular option for remodeling as well. Besides the lovely glow they emit there are many other aesthetic and practical benefits to be gleaned from the use of recessed lights. These include:
- Increasing the Amount of Light Without Wasting Space – Though beautiful, lamps take up space. Sometimes lots of it. Recessed lights are a great way to introduce additional light while preserving your space for other things.
- Bringing a Clean, Modern Look to a Space – When combined with other elements of an interior design scheme recessed lights can transform a space from merely pedestrian to brilliantly contemporary.
- Focusing the Eye – A line of recessed lights over a distant wall can create an illusion of depth many find very appealing. They can also be used to highlight objects or artwork.
- Breaking Up Space – In large open-plan spaces likes lofts and retail businesses recessed lights can be used to effectively distinguish one area from another without having to fall back on screens or temporary walls.
Selection and Installation
Once you’ve decided to contact LCS about installing recessed lights in your home or business our lighting professionals will sit down and discuss options with you such as:
- Style – Although pot lights all share the common feature of being recessed, picking the right trim style and colour is essential. We’ll help you determine exactly which look is right for you.
- Quantity of Lights – Will you want a few lights arrayed along a wall or are you interested in a more comprehensive lighting scheme involving the whole house or business space?
- Quality of Light – Will you want spotlights, floodlights, pin lights or a combination? We’ll go over your plans with you and make recommendations based on the effects you wish to achieve.
After determining the style, number and characteristics of your new recessed lights our installation experts will take over and make sure the job is done in a timely and professional manner. You’ll rest easy knowing our licensed electricians are on the job breathing life into your interior design plans. All of our installations are carried out using the latest technology and techniques and conform to the highest standards of quality workmanship. All lighting products installed in your home or business meet or exceed standards set forth by the Electrical Safety Authority and are fully guaranteed.
When you decide that the time has come to take advantage of the many and diverse benefits of pot lights contact the recessed lighting pros at LCS. We’ve been creating satisfaction one customer at a time for more than 10 years. We can do the same for you.